The government of Nepal has finally responded to tourism industry petitions by lifting the quarantine rules for vaccinated and unvaccinated tourists on 23rd Sept 2021. But the Covid -19 third variant called Omicron was massively spreading the country. It forced to impose quarantine rules for foreign nationals. We are going to share the latest Covid -19 updates since the Omicron outbreaks.
Meanwhile, the Nepal government enforced new rules removing quarantine requirements for international travelers. This entry procedure to Nepal may ease travel to Nepal for foreign nationals that announced on 14th March 2022. The Government of Nepal imposed new in an attempt to revive the pandemic-affected travel and tourism industry.
We are happy to inform you that Nepal is now open for travel. The fully vaccinated travelers can obtain visa-on-arrival without having RT-PCR negative test results and is free from quarantine rules. Likewise, non-vaccinated travelers or partially vaccinated travelers can obtain a visa-on-arrival with proof of RC-PCR negative reports, which means they can start their travel right after their arrival!
This latest decision has made it convenient for travelers to visit Nepal from all over the world. We will deliver the latest Covid – 19 updates whatever the decision taken by authorities. To sum up, Here’s all you need to know about new provisions for people wishing to travel to Nepal.
Before Traveling to Nepal
Make sure you have all of the documentation mentioned below before flying to Kathmandu. Please make sure you have all of the necessary documents including a few extra copies of each. There is no quarantine rule for fully vaccinated travelers, but they need to make sure that they have received their last dose at least 14 days before they enter Nepal.
On arrival visa service has resumed for fully vaccinated travelers. They need to present the following documents at immigration:
- Vaccination Certificate with proof of 14 days after the last dose
- RT-PCR negative test does not require but it may asked in your home country.
- Proof of hotel booking
- Print copy of filled International Online Arrival Form available at CCMC website (https://ccmc.gov.np/arms/person_add_en.php)
- Permit copy of mountaineering or trekking
Entry provision for non-vaccinated travelers
Meanwhile, the unvaccinated tourists will have to take a negative PCR test 72-hours before departure from the country of origin. They must conduct the PCR test once they arrive in Nepal. If they test positive, they will be taken to an isolation center or hospital designated by the Health Ministry. According to the new rules, if there is no antigen testing facility at the airport or immigration point, tourists must take the test at the hotel. They will be free to leave the hotel if the test is negative.
- On-arrival visa can get for non-vaccinated travelers. But RT-PCR negative reports is compulsory, issued within 72 hours or less before the first flight.
- No quarantine rules for non-vaccinated travelers as per new provision.
- All travelers should have a rapid antigen test while entering Nepal. If found positive, they should be in quarantine at the hospitals or isolation centers designated by Nepal Government.
- Travel and trekking agencies are responsible for enforcing all conditions imposed by the new rule. Hotels will be in charge of quarantine and isolation.
- If visitors do not comply with the rules, the hotel is should notify the police or other concerned agencies, as per new rules.
More on: Travelling to Nepal During Covid -19
Required Documents for the airport check-in counter
Before boarding passengers, all airlines flying to Nepal requires to check the following documents. Please ensure that you have all of the documents in print.
- Show the vaccination Card, and make sure that they have received their last dose at least 14 days before they enter Nepal.
- A negative PCR test result obtained within 72 hours of departure would also be necessary for non-vaccinated travelers.
- Nepal Visa if you apply to the Nepalese Diplomatic missions or embassies.
- Travel insurance covers emergency evacuation, search and rescue, and medical expenses for the duration of the travel.
- A copy of a dully-filled CCMC form with the bar code.
- Hotel Booking confirmation
Though, there are some travel restrictions, if you abide by the rules, traveling in Nepal will not be a hassle. With the Government’s aggressive inoculation campaign, more than 49% of the total population is fully vaccinated. As tourism professionals belong to the prioritized frontline groups, above 97% of the tourism workers have been fully vaccinated by now. 99% of folks get vaccines in the Everest region. Likewise, 95% of locals get vaccines in the Dolpo and Mustang region respectively.
At Himalayan Exploration also, almost all the office and field staff are fully vaccinated. As there is some silver lining finally, we are now trying to go with the V2V (vaccinated to vaccinated) services approach, which is the best thing to do as of now. We ensure our travelers that we will follow all the health and safety measures strictly during all our operations. This spring, we are preparing more than ever to make our visitors feel welcomed and safe.
Should you have any queries about Covid – 19 updates about Nepal, please feel free to contact us or check our Covid -19 Response while operating the expeditions.
Last updated on 14 Mar. 2022