Rolwaling Tashi Lapcha Pass trek falls in the Gauri Shankar region north-east from central Nepal. Tashi Laptsa Pass Trek is enhanced with biodiversity, history and encounters a local myth. Besides, it discovers the largest Tso-Rolpa lake. It transforms into a trading route between the Rolwaling and Everest regions via Tashi Laptsa Pass. The famous trekking peaks include Ramdung Peak, Pachermo Peak, and Melungste as well. It’s excellent from both sides as you’ll be able to enjoy Rolwaling’s remote and less-visited area. Also, visit the exceptional and famous Khumbu valley and parts of the Everest base camp trek.
Therefore, the Tashi Lapcha Pass Trekking is one of the demanding treks. It is due to the rockfall and several days required to walk along the pristine glacier. Although it is obligatory to have а permit of Pachermo peak even Tashi Laptsa pass trek, the trekker should adequately equip for iceberg and ice work having good knowledge for handling the ice. Tashi Lapcha pass trek is not only challenging but a wilderness trek also.
The Tashi Laptsa Pass trek offers a slightly different experience but equally splendid views of the high Himalayas. The best time to tour in this region is spring and autumn season, but we can arrange for all the year upon request on a camping basis. Eric Ship ton discovered this trekking trail in 1951 during the research footprints of Yeti.
Highlights of the Tashi Lapcha Pass Trek
- Embark the high Himalayas’ stunning view, such as Gauri Shankar, Everest, Lhotse, and more.
Least visited the trekking region, explore the Glacier lake of Tso Rolpa.
- Diverse landscapes, really admirable, and quite a contrast second part of the trek.
- Crossing over 5700 meters Tashi Lapcha Pass, hidden Rolwaling Valley and Monasteries.
- Rolwaling Himal is rich with plants, bird species, and wildlife such as red panda, black bears, and leopard-cat while it has no formal protected area.
- The Buddhist culture in the Khumbu, though Rolwaling Himal, offers an opportunity to learn how Hinduism, Buddhism, and Shamanism have blended over time.
Tashi Laptsa Pass Trekking itinerary.
|Days||Destinations||Altitude in Meters||Walking Distance|
|1.||Kathmandu to Singati& trek to Shuru Dovan||950||6h00 drive|
|2.||Trek to Jagat||1400||6h00|
|3.||Trek to Simi Gaon||1990||5h00|
|4.||Trek to Kharka||2900||6h00|
|5.||Trek to Beding||3690||4h00|
|6.||Trek to Na||4180||5h00|
|7.||Trek to Tso-Rolpa Lake||4588||7h00|
|8.||Trek to Trakarding Glacier||4800||4h00|
|9.||Trek to Tashi Lapcha Base Camp||5010||5h00|
|10.||Trek to Tenpo via Tashi Lapcha Pass (5755 meters)||4370||7h00|
|11.||Trek to Thame||3820||5h00|
|12.||Trek to Namche Bazaar||3440||5h00|
|13.||Trek to Lukla||2800||7h00|
|14.||Fly to Kathmandu||1350|
Permits & regulation for Tashi Laptsa Pass Trek.
Rolwaling Valley is restricted; the special permit is mandatory, whereas for the Tashi Lapcha Pass, it auto combined with Pachhermo Peak. So, it requires five different permissions to complete this trek. Pachhermo Peak permits costs to differ according to the seasons.
- Rolwaling Valley Restricted Area Permits Us$ 20 Per Person/week
- Pachhermo Peak Permit US$ 250 (Mar-May), US$ 125 (Sept – Nov), US$ 70 (Dec – Feb), and US$ 70 (Jun – Aug)
- Gauri Shankar Conservation Area Project (GCAP) US$ 28
- Sagarmatha National Park US$ 28
- Pasang Lhamu Rural Munipatily. US$ 18
Day 1: Arrival day (1,300 m)
Day 2: Free day and trek preparation.
Day 3: Kathmandu – Shigati (950 m) Trek to Suri Dobhan.
Day 4: Suri Dobhan – Jagat (1440 m): 6h00 walk.
Day 5: Jagat – Simigaun (1,990 m): 5h00 walk.
Day 6: Simigaun – Kharka (2,900 m): 6h00 walk.
Day 7: Kharka – Beding (3,690 m): 4h00 walk.
Day 8: Beding – Na (4,180 m): 5h00 walk.
Day 9: Na – Tso Rolpa Lake (4,588 m): 7h00 walk.
Day 10: Tso Rolpa – Trakarding Glacier (4800 m): 4h00 walk.
Day 11: Trek – Tasha Lapcha Base Camp (5,010 m): 5h00 walk.
Day 12: Cross Tashi Lapcha Pass (5,755m) – Thengpo (4370 m): 7h00 walk.
Day 13: Thengpo – Thame (3,820 m): 5h00 walk.
Day 14: Thame – Namche Bazaar (3,440m): 5h00 walk.
Day 15: Namche – Lukla (2,840 m) 7h00 walk.
Day 16: Flight: Lukla – Kathmandu.
Day 17: Free day in Kathmandu
Day 18: Final departure
|DEPARTURE/RETURN||Tribhuwan International Airport, Kathmandu|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please report at least 2 hours before the flight.|
|NOT INCLUDED|| |
Prices quoted and payable only in (US$ dollars). All prices published on our website set as low as possible. The Prices may vary at any time due to currency fluctuation, fuel prices, and unforeseen economic circumstances. However, we guarantee our prices which already signed up for your tour. Please consult us for a custom quote.
1. You can enjoy your trek entirely without carrying a heavy backpack.
2. Another is to increase the local communities’ income.