Volunteering opportunities help to develop societies, communities, and nations by exchanging their skills. Himalayan Exploration Treks has offered volunteering opportunities to volunteers worldwide since its establishment. Himalayan Exploration Treks is a socially responsible company operating in the tourism industry. Our Concern is the social infrastructure and equity in society. Furthermore, human rights, economic and cultural aspects are the primary concern of our agency. If you want to discover а new culture and achieve something remarkable, explore. The Himalayan Exploration Treks has to offer volunteering opportunities:
Our Concern іn Society
- In Nepal, a developing nation, women face marginalization due to the social structure. Education and empowerment initiatives are crucial for addressing this issue. However, we work against it to empower women through education and vocational training in different skills. It brings reasonable effort and generates income socially.
- Children and orphanage Homes: It’s one of the challenges for Nepal to save children. Although we fight against child labor, trafficking, and having drugs in their childhood, we contribute some part of the amount we earn through our activities which we help orphanage homes.
- Community maintenance and development: The nation will prosper if the community becomes educated. Our company operates in the tourism industry, and we recognize the importance of continuously developing and preserving its charm. But it helps to deliver economic growth to the nation.
- Cultural exchange and homestay: Paying guests. It’s believed that the homestay started early when peace corps volunteers used to be placed in Nepali host families. In the 70s and 80s, expatriates and international research students were also set at host families. Globalization and rapid information development make it easy to network with more foreign and local companies in placing people in homestays.
Our Concern in Health and Education
- Teaching English: Teaching English Volunteer Program in Nepal is an enjoyable and satisfying experience where the volunteers get the opportunity to prepare the students who are eager to improve their conversational English skills. Volunteers work primarily as instructors of English either in Nepali public or private schools. Volunteers may also ask to assist in other school activities such as sports and other extra-curricular projects.
- Community Health and environmental awareness: These programs exist in all placements where we have schools, orphanages, and medical clinics. The emphasis is on teaching sanitary and hygienic good practices and solutions to environmental challenges.